Mighty Warrior Nomination Details
Women Warriors 1st Annual Violence Awareness and Prevention Event is a safe space for women to discuss their health and safety, promote critical dialogue and knowledge about women’s safety, and engage community members. This event will provide the opportunity to build relationships and knowledge sharing between Indigenous and non-Indigenous community members, leaders, academics, health care providers, community service providers, and businesses.
The Mighty Warrior Nomination Contest is an opportunity to honour women in your communities that are focused on:
- Improving the lives of women in their communities and/or;
- Raising awareness about violence.
If you are interested in nominating a Mighty Warrior from your community please complete the following:
- Nomination Form.
- 250 Word Summary about the Nominee, including reasons why they should receive the free ticket and gift.
- A picture for social media and the website.
Nominations can be sent:
- In-person at the Lloydminster Native Friendship Centre, 4602-49th Ave,
- By email, Shelley@womenwarriors.club,
- Online riseup.womenwarriors.club. The nomination form can be found here.
- Fax ATTN: Shelley Wiart – Mighty Warrior Nomination (306) 825-6565.
**Must be received by noon on Friday, September 30th, 2016.
Three judges including Shelley Wiart, Founder of Women Warriors, RCMP Constable Elizabeth Cook of the Saskatoon detachment (Whitecap F.N.), and Bonnie Start, Executive Director of the Lloydminster Native Friendship Centre will choose the winner. The winning entry will be notified by Monday, October 3rd.
Special thanks to the Lloydminster Health Foundation for sponsoring the ticket for our Mighty Warrior Contest.