Women Warriors – Journey to Reconciliation
10 Practical Steps to Implement Reconciliation
- Read the The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC) Calls to Action. It will take you 20 minutes to read the entire document and they are easy to understand.
- Visit the TRC website and watch their videos.
- Access the two free Massive Open Online Courses offered by the University of British Columbia – Reconciliation through Indigenous Education or the University of Alberta – Indigenous Canada.
- Support independent Indigenous media. My favorite is Rick Harp’s Media Indigena Also my podcast, Women Warriors. I have no agenda other than the truth and I do my best to show case Indigenous women’s voices in a respectful manner.
- Volunteer at Indigenous events. This summer Alberta is hosting the World Indigenous Games in the Edmonton area from July 2nd to the 9th.
- Educate your children on residential school. I’ve included a link complied by CBC of 10 books about residential school to read with your kids ranging from ages 4-12.
- Support Indigenous artists and businesses. I’ve complied a list for you to view in the show notes.
- Donate to Indigenous non-profits like Reconciliation Canada, or local community organizations that support Reconciliation.
- Attend live events like the City of Edmonton’s Celebrating Reconciliation Week from May 28th– June 3rd. Or the City of Saskatoon’s 2nd Annual Rock Your Roots Walk for Reconciliation on June 22nd
- Join Edmonton’s RISE book club – Reading for Reconciliation.
Listen to this episode
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/women-warriors/id1226676493″ size=”medium” icon_position=”right” shape=”radius” color_class=”otw-aqua” target=”_blank”]LISTEN ON ITUNES[/otw_shortcode_button] [otw_shortcode_button href=”https://play.google.com/music/m/Da6gtgdffzlsrqlzsbzvlpmx3oq?t=Women_Warriors__My_Journey_to_Reconciliation-Women_Warriors” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”radius” color_class=”otw-aqua” target=”_blank”]LISTEN ON GOOGLE PLAY[/otw_shortcode_button] [otw_shortcode_button href=”http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=136877&refid=stpr” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”radius” color_class=”otw-aqua” target=”_blank”]LISTEN ON STITCHER[/otw_shortcode_button]
Selected Links from this Episode
Support Indigenous Artists & Businesses
- Aaron Paquette
- Patricia Piche
- Metis Girl Beads
- Stephanie Harpe Experience
- Axis Imagery
- Elicia Munro Photograhy
- Helen Oro Designs Inc.
- Sweet Moon Photography
- Power Our Women
- M. Pet Productions
- BeautyLife by Trysta
- Krista Lacombe Make-up
- Neechie Gear
- Mother Earth Essentials
- Rich Francis Cuisine
- An Army of Problem Solvers by Shaun Loney
- Art Inspirations by Danielle Vachon
- Indigenous Engineering Inclusion Inc.
- Coroner Creek Consulting
- Keesik Apparel
- Tishynah Buffalo Designs
- C. Lysias Designs
- Helen Knott
What did you learn about from this podcast?
Connect with Shelley Wiart
SnapChat – womenwarriors1
Love the show? Let us know!
If you appreciate the content in this podcast please do us a favour and leave a review on ITunes. If you don’t know how to do it, please google “how to rate or review a podcast.” By leaving a review our podcast will be displayed on iTunes New and Noteworthy and we can reach a larger audience. Please subscribe on iTunes to our show, and share our episodes with your friends and family!
Love our content and want to support us …
Commit to supporting us on our Patreon account! Your support earns you access to the Women Warriors community and merchandise. Depending on your pledge amount, $1 per month to $40 per month you can get Women Warriors merchandise and/or the opportunity for a personal Skype call with the potential to be featured on the podcast. You’ll also have the opportunity to shape the future of the show, and chat with me, and like-minded people on the community feed page. Go to patreon.com/women_warriors.
Learn more about the Women Warriors Eight Weeks to Healthy Living Program on our Women Warriors website. Please inquire about getting this program in your community by contacting us through the website.